[Dailydrool] dog beds

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 07:14:42 PDT 2009

I'm wondering what people on the drool use for dog beds.  In the past we
have bought the ready-made dog pillows with either foam or cedar chips
enclosed inside a "pillow".   I have found that they get very stinky if you
only wash the outer covering and if you try to wash the inside "pillow", the
foam tends to get lumpy.  I decided to make my own and bought some 4" foam
and made my own pillow coverings but I find that even though I wash it
regularly, now the foam gets stinky and for some reason, the foam attracts a
lot of dog hair so it looks like a big furry pillow.  I'm wondering if
anyone has any good suggestions on what to use that would be comfortable for
the dog, yet easy to keep clean and launder.  I'll need 3 of them so it also
needs to be cost effective.  I had originally thought of using something
like a crib mattress, covering it with one of those waterproof covers that
zip on and off and then covering it with a sheet but I don't really have the
floor space for something that big.  I don't think a regular bed pillow will
be big enough.  Anyone have any creative solutions?

Tina