[Dailydrool] dog beds

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:34:11 PDT 2009

I have several foam beds here. In order to prolong the life of the pricier memory foam  ( NEVER wash it in a machine... but that's another :) I cover them with trash bags. I use the heavier black bags and put one on from each end- this way they overlap and there are no open spots. When the cover of the bed does get soiled ( and boy they sure do on a regular basis here), I can just wash the cover. The bags make it much easier to put the cover back on as well. And if the bags get smelly- it's easy to replace them. I do put blankets on all the beds that are changed usually on a daily basis. If you spring for the better trash bags- they are not as noisy- and the bit of crinkling that you do hear when the bassets go to bed is well worth it when messes and smells do not get into the foam.

droolies, Angelika