[Dailydrool] Sojo's dog food-thanks Vikki

decadog at comcast.net decadog at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 14:33:14 PDT 2009

Thank you, Vikki, for posting about Sojo's dog food. I'd never heard of it, but was impressed by their site & how easy to prepare--I ordered a 40 lb bag to start with (we have 10 dogs). I haven't had the confidence to prepare raw totally on my own for this number of critters. For the last several years I've cooked a "topping" for my furkids' dry kibble--usually consisting of ground turkey, barley (or oats or brown rice), and some form of veggie. They love it. But if we can totally eliminate the processed dry food and the cooking of the topping, all the better. Cost-wise it appears it won't be anymore than we are spending now. Health-wise, we are looking for help, too. Our 13 y.o. basset, Annie, has a sludgy liver (sludge is the highly technical term our vet used!) and she's on a prescription dry food that costs $60 for a 20 lb. bag. Only slight improvement on that. Another of our senior bassets, Polly, has stage 2 mast cell tumor which is non-operable. Maybe this new diet will give them some extra time. And all ten could use better looking coats and less sebaceous cysts! I'll start stocking up on ground beef/turkey-and getting that food processor whirling on veggies. Sojo's seems to have a great affiliate program that could help rescues, too. If I like this stuff I'll put a banner on my old rescue's site to hopefully drum up some cash for them.

Darlene in Tennessee--still loving www.lasvegasbassetrescue.com

and also supporting www.bellyrubs.org