[Dailydrool] Henry

Lynn Lyle llyle at harris-assoc.com
Thu Apr 1 08:05:34 PDT 2010

I am definately a lurker, reading the Drool at work and often trying to hide my tears when reading of the passing of our dear friends.  My prayers and condolences to all those who have lost a loved one.
I have 2 Bassets, Nellie (8), rescued from the local SPCA when she was about a year old and Violet (2), given to us by a neighbor when she was 8 weeks old and a product of the local Swap Meet. We also have Sparky (8) the Terrier given to us many years ago by his Owner after they had accidently backed over his leg and couldn't afford to take him to the Vet. My first Basset, Alex  was rescued from the SPCA when he was 2 and trained us well as Slaves before going to the Bridge at 14.  I also have 19 cats so life is a bit of a Zoo.
I also feed the Nutro Ultra and all the dogs seem to thrive, I have never had anal gland, ear, skin or bloat issues, but discussion on whether that is just good luck or the food I will leave to those with more experience.  I do know that Nutro processes the food, including the wet food)  at their own plants (not MARS plants) in Tennessee and City of Industry, California rather than the Diamond Plant used by some of the super premium foods.  I do avoid the "Wilderness" type products, it seems like the fat content is a little high and I would worry about Pancreatitis.
Life with Bassets is never dull, but I don't know what I would do without my girls.
I do  Message: 6