[Dailydrool] Basset Germs

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Apr 1 19:46:42 PDT 2010

I had came home from a very long day at work...14 hours long, I was tired
and I was starving.  I had stopped at a fast food joint on the way home for
a chicken sandwich and fries.  The boys had been let out in to the back yard
to pee and pooh and now my Dad was calling on the phone.  I answered the
phone, sat my food on a TV tray and went to let the boys in. Still talking
to dad.   Ruger who is normally the "good hound" comes in and puts his front
paws on the tv tray to get a little sniff of what I had.  Well the tray
tipped startled the dog, and my supper slide to the floor.  I said a few bad
words, called Ruger a sh** head, and now I am scrambling to get my sandwich
and fries off the floor before the 2 hyenas get it. Well they licked it!
(My girlfriends & I have a saying "if I lick it, its mine" to claim anything
that we want)  We'll I told Ruger and Colt that I had already licked it,
that their licks didn't trump mine and that I would eat it anyway so back
off.  My Dad is on the other end of the phone line listing to all of this
and laughing so hard that I think that he lost his false teeth.   And yes I
did get the sandwich and the fries off the floor and away from the hounds
and yes I did eat it.   My hounds were very disappointed!!!  Being a medic
and prior vet tech I can tell you that a dogs mouth is cleaner then most
humans mouths...Even if the hounds do sometimes lick their own butts.

Healing drool to all the Missouri Hounds and all the other ill hounds out
there.
NorthEast hounds I hope that you are starting to dry out up there. Come to
Florida and run in the sun with us.
Blessed be to all Houndies and their humans
The Momma <working to keep the boys in the lap of luxurary that they are now
accustom>
Colt & Ruger <daddy need to make more money so momma can be a stay at home
hound momma>