[Dailydrool] (no subject)

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 18:59:26 PDT 2010

I feel a need to have to write to you all explaining that the questions and concerns I have had and have posted are in no way meaning that I don't want Henry. I fell in love with him the first minute I saw him and had a joy that I haven't felt in so long that I don't remember. I have a lot going on in my life as I am sure you all do as well and after my Bichon Simba passed a month ago I swore I would never have another dog again as long as I lived ( I am 50 years old) That lasted one month when I saw my Henry and we,as a family, brought him home. I know I may have sounded like a born idiot or left an impression that I regretted having Henry and that is not the case. I am by nature a worrier. I have been that way all my life. All those who know me know that about me. You all don't know me and only hear the blundering nut asking all the crazy things and shooting from the hip. It takes me a while to adjust to new situations. A puppy is certainly a new situation as is the Basset dog itself. Henry has the best way about him and is everything I have read (on a positive note) that Bassets are. I could have a poodle right now instead of Henry and it could be high strung and snippy around the grandbabies and barking all the time as well. ( I have owned a poodle like that at one time) I am exhausted from all the potty training but even there he is doing better. My husband works a full time job and then works 4 nights a week besides and I work 2 days a week and so a lot of what I am doing is all on myself and my 7 year old helps as well. My allergies are bothering me and I am not too sure yet if it is the seasonal allergies I suffer with year after year or the shedding Basset that could be adding to it all. I have to give it a bit more time to really see.

My husband bought a horse in Virginia to use in his horse carrriage business and a friend of his had a friend who loved the horse and made a deal to buy the horse from my husband who got this horse for nothing. We really didn't have the money to justify buying a dog at this time and the horse paid for the dog, so I felt that it was meant to be. My emotions got the better of me and Iwhen I saw Henry I really didn't want a poodle or that type of dog because I wanted a dog that was different from what I've always had and a dog that had the personality that Bassets are known for. That's how I ended up with Henry and because I analyse everything to death, I have asked and posted things that I guess lead many to believe that Henry wasn't the right dog for me.
We are all adjusting and my 7 year old is so attached to this dog that even if I felt challenged with the dog, I could never take her dog away from her. In fact she had a nightmare that we gave Henry up and got another Bichon and she cried like I never saw her cry before.
So I apologize for the length of this letter and I hope that I have explained myself better to those who feel I have made a mistake.

Thank you kindly,

Maureen and Henry