[Dailydrool] earthquake dog bowl story

shadedog at roadrunner.com shadedog at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 7 08:44:00 PDT 2010

Lurker Sue here with Milo and Tracker. I know earthquakes aren't funny but out here in Hermosa Beach, CA(essentially Los Angeles) we have to deal with them any way we can. Anyway the Sunday quake in Calexico is about 250 miles away but we still got a good roll and most everything swayed up here for a bit. The first thing I look for is the boys but they slept thru it all. The really weird thing is that out here swimming pools actually slosh over their edges. I don't have a pool but on the 2nd floor of our house(wood frame, bolted down) the water in the dogs' bowl was sloshing back and forth. At first I thought it was a T-Rex coming down the street but my senses came back and I realized it was part of the rolling quake. It tells you a lot about what we notice under weird circumstances. Oh, and the chandelier, blinds and hanging pots were dancing too.
Sue, Tracker (what's all the fuss) and Milo(I'm just happy my biopsy came back negative)