[Dailydrool] catching up

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 09:58:02 PDT 2010

We are slowly catching up on drools (I believe we are on March 22nd now).
Just wanted to  say we are thinking of all the sick houndies and their
families and sorry for all the losses. So sad to read what I just read.

We are having some issues of our own here. Of course we can't have an all
healthy K9 household. I do believe it is Mazzie again.  The poor girl is an
adoptee from the Humane Society back in 2004. Her approximate age is
believed to be going to be around 8 which we celebrate in August this year.
She has fusion in her spine (most of it now--L1 and down). Well, our vet
claims that this has nothing to do with pushing on her internal organs. This
confuses me how it doesn't when she is (forgive the expression) "deformed".
She (at least we think it is her) will vomit something up almost every
single night onto our carpet and then re-eat it or it's just bile.  She had
a complete work up in January that put us way behind financially. She ended
up urinating blood for awhile. She has had urination issues off and on her
whole life. THe vet believes the nerve is pinches in with the fusion. She is
due to go in for vaccinations in a week or so. I am going to try feeding her
a snack at night to see if it alleviates it and for him to weigh her again.
What worries me is that she lost 7 lbs when I had taken her in at the time
in January from last April for no reason (wasn't vomiting then).  She is
eating fine and still whines excessively and carries on to be fed.  Still
drinking.  I'm afraid that she could have stomach cancer or something
similar if the spine doesnt' push on the stomach.

Oh, and as a reminder to all, if you haven't done so--get that heart worm
test. I have taken in 2 out of my 5.  I need to do the other 3 this week. It
has once again cold in norhtern NY. Snowing yesterday.

 I took Harvey in to get his stitches out from his neuter yesterday and my
vet was triple booked with sick doggies.  One poor baby had swollen lymph
nodes in his neck and wouldn't eat 3 types of dog food or human food. I
tried to reassure the owner by saying maybe he just has a sore throat or has
a sore tooth. What is going on with all of the doggie sickness out there?

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,