[Dailydrool] Are they Smart????

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 17:06:05 PDT 2010

Momma here---I know they are smart--but I don't think I will ask my
neighbors. I was going to grill tonight, but thought better showing my
face in the yard-as Elwood would say--I hab liddel storie.
We all know that humping is a act of play, show of dominance in pack
order. Elwood feels he is in charge of this at any time, the boy has no
shame on Brudder Jake. Just no scruples.
Late this afternoon, as I looked out the kitchen window, here is Elwood
and Jake, Elwood is obviously ---well rested--shall we say--Jake is
just standing there, really paying no attention to what Elwood is
doing. But the guy across the pond behind us has stopped in his tracks,
watching. (No graphics--you all get the picture)
It didn't end here.
Enter Sister Daisy, which now runs across the yard, broadsides the boys
and jumps on poor Jakes head for her "time at play".
Neighbor man moves closer to his fence-still watching. I can see his
choppers hanging open--
I turned to hubby and said--can you even imagine what the neighbor must
be thinking??Well Elwood hopped off, Daisy moved, and Elwood turned and
looked at Jake and proceeded to lift his leg and pee on Jake's back leg.

Smart--the story might seem like it is funny, but Elwood was actually
----in my humble basset opinion---teaching Jake his place, as was
Daisy. Jake can try and act like he is large and in charge, but the
gang teaches him his place.
Bassets not only train us peeps, but they train each other also.
I just wish Elwood would do his "training" in the house----

Drool to all in need---from my smart bassets

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake