[Dailydrool] Question

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Thu Apr 15 03:29:35 PDT 2010

Years ago, I had a Beagle, who snored to beat the band.  Not because she was overweight, but she had her nose caught as a car door was being closed and came out of that sneezing blood.  From that point on, she snored.  Back then, my parents were not people to run to the vet......well, they never were I guess,  so we never knew what had happened to her nose.  I suspect some cartilage damage at the least.  While this does not constitute sleep apnea, I do not think,  there were many times,  in the middle of the night, she would take a deep breath and then not again for a few moments,  like 15-20 seconds...I would count sometimes.    I used to shake her to get her to breathe during some of the longer pauses.   It scared me for her to do this.  Then she would almost be gasping for a breath of air.
Once I became an adult and she came to live with me,  a couple vets I took her to for various other reasons, never had any answer for this,  other than the  door incident causing it,  but no solutions.  When Penny died,  I had the worst time trying to sleep as I had grown used to the loudness of her snore.  It had become a lullaby for me and it was suddenly gone one day.  She always started out sleeping in my arms, on her back each night, and many times stayed there the whole night.  She is the head angel of my crew ATB now.
Suz, this gives you no answer, but it is the only hound who did what you described.

wen

Bounders are sending out drool to all  ailing hounds and their foodslaves!