[Dailydrool] Update on Sophia's lost eyes

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Sun Apr 18 00:23:48 PDT 2010

At kids-r-us about 2 years ago, their cheapest kid gate was 19.99. (all
plastic, not too bad ... kid proof handle but they aren't the strongest
gates I'm sure)

get one of these, use them for breaking up fights ... *not*.. the tails.
You'll end up spraining a tail, or separating the tail bones and have damage
that you might regret for the rest of their days when you see the "broken"
tail again.

it also keeps your hands away from the hounds ability to bite at ... so
that's another plus.

If you have rooms in your house you want to keep them out of, get a few more
babygates.. have one handy at all times..

PLUS ... they also make excellent barriers between the front and rear seats
in cars.. an inexpensive bungee cord will allow you to snake a connection
through the gate to attach to the shafts of your front seat headrests ....
depending on the height in your car, you can open the baby gate for side to
side coverage, or turn it upright for floor to ceiling protection.

I started using a baby gate this way in my jeep to stop the boys from
putting a paw up on the console between the front seats.. where they would
invariably let their paw slip, which hits the window buttons, and of course
the two TOP buttons are the front - press harder for "auto down" feature..

Anyway.. there's lots of uses for those gates that aren't kid related.. :)
well at least not human kid related.. :)

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Update on Sophia's lost eyes
 ...   the only problem is she is more aggressive with her food, she growls
if Josephine comes near and they have had a a few fights where I have to
pull them apart by the tails.