[Dailydrool] TRUMPET VINES

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 10:43:19 PDT 2010

If you're talking about campsis radicans (trumpet vine), it's a member of the nightshade family, and the leaves can produce rashes on contact. It's also a very invasive plant, and many places (like my parents' community in Florida) actively remove it.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/c/camp_rad.cfm

If you're talking about Brugmansia suaveolens (angel trumpet), it's very definitely poisonous, and in fact is illegal in some areas.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/b/brug_sua.cfm

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB