[Dailydrool] (no subject)

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 19:25:40 PDT 2010

I was reading a Guidepost magazine of my husband's that had an article in it from a man who writes about dogs going to Heaven. He got into people who had dreams about their beloved pets who saw them in Heaven or young again, playing and healthy.
I am a firm believer in not only God and Heaven but that our pets do go to Heaven and await us when it's our time.(Hopefully we arrive there depending on how we lived our lives here!)
I lost my Bichon of 15 years 2 months ago ( hence our newest arrival, Henry, out 5 month old basset puppy) and I am positive that he is in Heaven.
I find it very interesting the people I have spoken with on this subject who all agree that they believe that dogs in fact do go to Heaven. There is always debate on issues like these with people ( mostly none dog people.) And I have also found that people who have never had a dog are a completely different breed of people all together, I know you'll all agree on that one. Dogs teach us so much, if we listen to them. Unconditional love! I can come home from work or come in from being out somewhere and not be in the greatest mood and all the dogs I have ever had have always greeted me with a smile and wagging tails. I don't get that from my husband and children!! LOL! And that bad mood I had all of the sudden lessens into a lighter mood when I kiss and hug my four legged friend who is so excited to see me.
I am sure that everyone reading this can tell special stories of their dogs that could inspire even the greatest skeptic. I love reading inspirational stories of how dogs have helped people in ways that no human ever could. I also believe that dogs understand us more than we realize. I'm not just talking about sit Fido or play dead, Sparky; I'm talking REALLY understanding us.
I know I shared this on the Drool before, but when we saw Henry and decided that he would be a part of our family, I told him that I would be his new mommy and that we would return for him the next morning to bring him home. He looked straight into my eyes and I knew in my heart that he understood what I was saying. The next morning my daughter and I went to pick him up and when he saw us, he got so excited and wagged his tail so hard that his whole body wagged with it and he jumped up to get to us as if to say, "You told me that you were coming for me and I waited for you and now you're here and I'm going home to love you for as long as I live!" I will go to my grave knowing that if he could have talked, that would have been exactly what he would have said. It was like he spoke, not with words, but with his heart to where I heard him with my heart. Words can't really explain something like that where you know what happened but can't explain it with words.
Anyway, if any of you out there have any inspirational stories of your sweeties, I would love to hear them. I like collecting stories like these and send them to people I know will be edified by them. And by the way, to all who are grieving the loss of their pets, know that I can sympathize and also have faith that you will meet one day, once again, greeted with wags, love and kisses that special angel dog that was always there for you.

God Bless,

Maureen and Henry