[Dailydrool] Buttercup's visit to the emergency vet

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:43:43 PDT 2010

Buttercup gave us a scare tonight.  She began fussing earlier in the day  but I thought it might be a touch of indigestion.  When she seemed to get worse, excessive drooling, gagging, no vomiting, trying to eat grass,  and whining I panicked and feared it just might be the bloat.  Several hundred dollars later I was relieved to find out it was not the bloat but she has a lot of gas in her intestines.  She got a pain killer and anti-nausea meds and we went home.  I could have let her stay the night and have several tests and an IV drip, but money is tight and I will bring to ur vet tomorrow if she seems worse.  Well, I may be relieved of my cash but I am also relieved of worry over her health.  Buttercup is quite the drama queen and would have let me know loudly of her discomfort.  I glad I was able to take that away for her.  On a bright note she now weighs 68 lbs, down from 73 lbs.  She is so low to the ground and so shmooshy it was hard to tell if were making progress.  Poor baby, no dinner tonight.  Sue K MomPerson to Buttercup (I am feeling much better, what do you mean no dinner!)  Beau (I want to go next time, can I, can I?) Honey (I'll stay home with Daddy) Roxanne (It is my turn to sit with Daddy) and foster Memphis(Such fuss over a tummy ache, isn't it dinner time?), the beleagered kitties (We are keeping that noisy one?!)and Mickey(Is that new dog looking at me?)