[Dailydrool] Rimadyl, Carprogesic, other remedies - please advise

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 00:19:08 PDT 2010

Droolers can I ask for some help please?  Morse is on Carprogesic 50mg twice a day, or 75mg twice a day at the most, and try as I might I cannot find out if this is the same as Rimadyl, or if it isnt, is it as effective?  What is the best drug Morse should be on for pain?  And is there a chance that he will become used to that drug over time and its efficacy will be less?  Can he be on it long term or will this cause kidney problems and other problems?  I am thinking of trying this:
http://www.aviform.co.uk/Store/Top-Dog-Products/Joint-Care/SUPPLEX-plus-HA-Dog-Joint-Supplement
what do you think?
also on the same site is Mobilease which looks helpful?
I am getting some Arthrisoothe and have wondered about Arnica?  Someone suggested sunflower oil on his food to help joints, another suggested cod liver oil tablets.......
He is currently only having small walks - he is not happy with this but needs must -
thank you in advance -

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB