[Dailydrool] Drool for Gus and more

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 23:07:34 PDT 2010

So my life has been crazy busy. For one I added a new fur baby back in January, Wally he is 7 and a great joy but very clumsy. When he came to live with me this sent Tallulah into a total tissy. She was attacking him when ever she could and the if Wally was unavailable she would go after Gus. Things with her are getting better I do lots of training with her and Wally I'm starting to have a calmer house. There are still occasional flair ups one was on Easter Sunday and Tallulah nailed Gus on the lower eyelid. I'm so fortune my Vet was open and was able to stitch him up. The also found that he had an ear infection that I missed. They flushed out his ears for me to. One week later even with the treatment I was doing he had the most fowl smelling grossness coming out his ear. Thank doG for Aunt Joni she was able to take him to the Holistic vet man for me he flush them again and gave me a cleaner that had work FANTASTIC! Ears look great and smell wonderful.
Now for today I noticed the on the eye that had the injury the third lid had come up and he looked odd. I rinsed the eye with the eye wash the Holistic vet had given me for that eye took the gang to Aunt Joni's and called her at work asked her to look at Gus's eye when she got home.
The phone call I got was "was Gus limping when you dropped him off" NO this is new and she said the eye still looks funny. We talked and I decided to just watch the limp he is 15 1/2 and has been known to slip and pull a muscle. But the eye made me nervous. To my benefit I'm a hair dress and one of my clients is the my animal ophthalmologist. So I call he cell and we did a phone consult He thinks that the eye injury, ear infection has possible causes some type of nerve damage or there is something on his cornea. He call me in a prescription and I'm to follow up with him at the office tomorrow.
So the main drool we need is for the limp I can't find anything that is making him hurt. Its hard to watch him move because of his age his back end is slightly weak so to have one front leg bothering him it make walking very slow and hard for him. Gus is so full of life even at his age he loves the dog park,a walk and a good meal. Both of my vets say Gus is in remarkable shape for his age. He dos a new nick name "Timex" Takes a lick-en and keeps on tick-en. I hope that it is just a pull, I assess him in the morning and then give the vet a call if it is needed.

Loving Drool to All
Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936