[Dailydrool] Update on Trixie

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 20:54:31 PDT 2010

Still not sure what is wrong with Trixie - vet not sure if it is gastronomical lymphoma yet blood test came back with very elevated calcium levels - an indication that there is an issue - but pathologist couldn't decifer if it it could be at the beginning stages or if she is so full that it's on the other end.  Had an ultra sound on the spot - looks like a very enlarged gall bladder and that it raps around on her right side - could be anything...didn't look like stones.  So another more intense blood test was run and hope to know the results by Friday.  Next option is doing exploritory surgery - if her calcium levels come back as high as they were we probably will not do the surgery.  We also have thought long and hard on chemo and probably won't go that route either since it is in her gastronomical section.  I want her days to be of quality not quanity if that is my only choice.  Since we would not do the chemo option they gave her an appetite stimulant shot, something for nausa and an antibiotic since she wouldn't take the pills.  I am happy to say they worked!  She is eating again and I can sneak those meds into her and that is how we will keep her comfortable.  I don't want to fool myself - She was covered in a lot of cysts when she was found.  They weren't cancerous at the time but I remember my vet commenting that she was surprised once she began to remove the large one by her back end on how many she had found.  Thanks so much for all the healing drool both here and Facebook....Droolers are the best!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, LaVerne, Princess and Trixie (feeling better)!