[Dailydrool] Fire

Pat Wood patshoundies at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 05:17:58 PDT 2010

How about gift cards for them to help in a small way to rebuild the things
they have lost...having to deal with the numbing knowledge of what has
happened is difficult enough but having to rebuild the nuts and bolts of
your lives from this day forward ..so hard!

Just about every major shopping place has gift cards now - Walmart, Lowes,
Bed, Bath & Beyond, K-Mart, Home Depot, clothing stores which are national,
as well as restaurant gift cards- being able to choose where they will be
eating out would be good at least until they become established, and then
there are also gift cards for nights' stays at hotels, etc.

I'm sure many of fellow Droolers would like to help out and provide
support `in this way-we are, after all, the Drool family - we are all
feeling your pain and loss ...especially of your dearest houndies.

Is there an address where we could gift cards? maybe a neighbor would be
willing to receive the cards or a relative...or set up a P.O. Box

We'd love to offer help and support

Pat Wood - Suncoast Basset Rescue
Hannah & Annabella
Lady, Lily, NeHi, Samantha, Bubba & Ethel, Oliver & Puff - ATB

The song "You are the New Day" comes to mind-it is very comforting to
me-google the title and King Singers for a spectacular rendition!

I will love you more than me and more than yesterday
If you can but prove to me, you are the new day
Send the sun in time for dawn
let the birds all hail the morning
Love of life will urge me say-you are the new day

When I lay me down at night, knowing we must pay
thoughts occur that this night might, stay yesterday

Thoughts that we as humans small, could slow worlds and end it all
lie around me where they fall, before the new day

One more day when time is running out for every one
like a breath I knew would come I reach for the new day

Hope is my philosphy, Just needs days in which to  be
Love of life means hope for me
borne on a new day

You are the new day