[Dailydrool] And now there are seven...

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Mon Aug 2 05:57:09 PDT 2010

On Sunday afternoon, a beautiful summer day, Clover returned to the love that created her.  She had bone cancer in her face which was complicated by a necrotizing bacteria, and we were able to keep it under control for a few months, but on Friday it became clear that we were not going to stay ahead of the infection.  Instead of letting her suffer with the pain of swelling we released her back to God.  She is buried beneath the river birch next to Bubby.  All the others were allowed to sniff her so they would know that she was gone.

The vet tech who helped us was excellent!  Ann Arbor Animal Hospital was so very respectful of our wish that Clover be treated with dignity and they came out to the car so that she didn't have to enter a strange building.  They did a paw print for us and inscribed her name in it, and they helped her gently out of this life with her Daddy and I in attendance.  She had a good life, and the best death we could give her.  She leaves quite a legacy behind.  This morning was the first morning in a long time that she wasn't waiting at my bedroom door, and it was the first time in many years that DH was able to put on his shoes with no interruption.

Good bye Baby Waby!  Sleep well and know that we still love you...

Gaylene Opal-Deitering
My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a reflection of it!