[Dailydrool] Bassets & RV

Shelly Gordon-ABC Basset Rescue merchandise at nybasset.org
Mon Aug 2 05:54:23 PDT 2010

Congrats on your new RV purchase! They are great when you own dogs and you can take the whole family on vacation.

I just wanted to share my basset/RV story....We purchased a brand new motorhome and adopted a 7 month old basset the same year. We took our annual 3 week RV trip a few weeks after adopting him. We ended buying a carpet cleaner along the way, throwing out 4 dog beds that were peed on, and the kicker was when he jumped up on the couch and started peeing on it while in Yellowstone. Thank God it was leather.

There is something to be said about "mature" dogs that are housebroken when you have an investment like that. Good thing he was past his chewing stage....didn't need dinette legs chewed or any cabinets or cords.

Enjoy your motorhome...maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime!
Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org