[Dailydrool] Better than RoadKill

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 10:59:13 PDT 2010

My boys really know how to live.
No nasty old road-kill for them! Oh no. They want theirs flash-fried.
A few evenings ago the power went out partially-- the 220v line went out. No
a/c. No washer or dryer., nothing like that. A couple of fans and the
refrigerator. We took everything out of the chest freezer and crammed it
into the fridge freezer. It was very hot and humid.
In the morning Commonwealth Edison came out to look at our pole and the
transformer (in our back yard) and then left. Storm clouds roared in and we
had a nice  thunderstorm with lots of rain and then it got hot again. We sat
in front of our two little fans shoving each other rudely out of the way.
Dogs flopped everywhere.
Finally CWE showed up again and climbed the pole.
I said to them "Was it a squirrel?" because the damn squirrels use those big
wires as a roadway back and forth across the yards to the trees. I was clear
up by the house but I THOUGHT they said yes it had once been a squirrel but
they were laughing so I wasn't sure it was or whether it was a joke at the
fat, old lady's expense.

I went back there before I let the dogs out because those guys drop wires
and cables and crap all over the place and don't pick it up. The mosquitoes
were infernal. I mean seriously I could barely stand to be out there at all,
and this was back in the Jungle portion and I did pick up some cablewire and
a couple of pieces of junk they'd dropped but I didn't see anything else.

HOWEVER.

The Boys have better ways of checking things out. This I learned when I went
to let Conley and Llewis and Conley was gnawing away on something that was
black but had.......fur ....and........there were little tiny rib-like bones
strewn about the patio......
SO throwing Conley bodily into the house I grabbed a baggie and headed for
Llewis because altho I couldn't see him I knew damn well what he was up to
and sure enough he had this Huge twisty blackened THING with FUR (not much)
and was happily working on it and I snatched it out of his mouth (he's not
very posessive) and dashed across the yard with it in the baggie screaming
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWW and threw it in the dog poop
can.

Last night they were STILL finding little pieces of Commonwealth Edison
Fast-Fried-Char-Broiled Squirrel. It has been a long few days.
No kissing.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley (who also drank my smoothie out of the
glass while I was throwing away part of a squirrel he brought into the house
thus forever contaminating my favorite glass) and Cooper.