[Dailydrool] Bringing things into the house

Vikki Vivilakis fudgelady at softcom.net
Wed Aug 11 11:26:07 PDT 2010

All the stories of the houndies I've been reading made my tired old brain
remember something that happened a few years ago with Sophie.

At the time she was only about 5 months or so old....

I was sitting at my computer answering messages, when Sophie came FLYING
threw the dog door at the speed of sound ~ and ran over to me.

She had this strange/happy/excited/crazy I can't even describe it, look on
her face that I had never seen before. Her eyes were so wide - it's like her
eyeballs were on sticks protruding from her head.

I asked what's up girl puppy - bent down to pet her - when she streaked off
to the back of the house. It all seemed a bit odd - but few critters are as
weird as a basset hound puppy, so just went on with what I was doing.

Later I'm sitting on the couch at about 10:30 at night watching TV - with
Sophie laying next to me - when a mouse walked into the room from back of
the house - and walks behind the entertainment center!?!

Few things can make me scream - but mouse is at the top of the list.

 I run to the bedroom and wake my husband up, as there is vermin in the
house!?!

This man is the soul of logic - Spock's got nothin' on him.
 First question... "are you sure it was a mouse"? Hmmmm - let me think - ya
know I always get mouse and rhino mixed up...... but yeah - it was mouse
this time for sure.....
"but we've never had a mouse in this house - I've done this that and the
other" blah blah blah....
At this point in my head are the words "thank heavens the guns are locked
up"..... and of course by the time he drags his butt over to the place I saw
the mouse, the mouse has gone elsewhere.

After I convince him I am not hallucinating, and it's not a rhino - he gets
what's called the Tin Cat out. Mice walk in but they can't walk out.
The intruder is soon apprehended - he examines the mouse and declares it to
not be a house mouse - but a species of rodent that resides out of doors.

Conclusion ~ Sophie caught it and brought it in ~ then it got away from her.