[Dailydrool] Dogs and Ghosts

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Tue Aug 17 16:27:04 PDT 2010

I also believe our beloved hounds already at the bridge are with us, or at
least visit us.

Our first Basset, Bess,  passed away during emergency surgery for a
spleenectomy,  we were devastated.  At the time, we had 3 other hounds, and
maybe a foster or 2.  The next night, after I had set all their bowls down
and they were all eating quietly, I heard paws running down the hallway,
it took me by surprise and I had to do a head count to see who I missed.
The only one I missed was Bessie.  You could  tell her romp.you know,  even
with 17 in the house,  I know who is up walking in the middle of the night,
or anytime,  by the sound of their footsteps. They are so different from
each other.  Anyhow,  it brings me such pleasure to know she was there
wanting her dinner too.  I am sure she figured out that the buffet was
waiting for her presence, as I have not heard the sound of her romping down
the hall since that day.  But I believe she and all the others visit us,
like others have said,  there are those odd moments when they are just
looking at things we cannot see.

Drool to all who have lost a baby recently,  I am missing all of mine so
much tonight as I type this.

wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org