[Dailydrool] Update on Harry

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 06:45:44 PDT 2010

Thanks to you all who have sent healing drool and well wishes to my Harry.  He is healing well and is definately getting his spunk back.  Last night I walked him past where the attack happened and he paused for a minute and looked up at me.  I acted completely calm and happy and said "come on handsome" and he pranced right down the sidewalk like he hadn't a care in the world.  He even stopped to sniff practically in front of the neighbors door!  I know he could have been far more traumatized and I am hoping this is a good sign that he trusts his mommy and he knows everything is alright.

As for the owner of the other dog, I am boiling mad.  First off I found out she has no intention of doing ANYTHING to address the issues.  No behaviorist, no vet, no gate at her stairs, nothing.  And she has yet to address the large vet bill.  I am planning on going to small claims court next week.  She told another neighbor she is "saving for her daughter's wedding".  Well guess what???  I was saving for a ten year anniversary vacation weekend with my husband that we had to cancel because we had to pay the vet bill!!!!!  This was going to be the FIRST time in 10 years we left our special needs daughter and got away just the 2 of us and her lack of responsibility took that away from us as well.  People are so cruel and selfish.  And to think I was the one comforting HER after the attack when my Harry was the victim!!!!  It makes me want to turn my heart to stone and go for the jugular......

Anyway, thank you again for all of your support.  Hugs to all the furbabies!
Laura and Harry "milking all the treats I can" Moravinski