[Dailydrool] Now I Know Why My Girls Aren't Food Aggressive

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 11:46:35 PDT 2010

I'm not only a very slow learner, but I'm a complete creature of habit.

Today I was making myself a ham sandwich at the counter.  As I reached for
the mustard, Lilie pulled off a piece of ham and ate it.  I said, "Lilie!"
in a disgusted tone and automatically reached for the bag of ham and gave
Daffodil and Daisy each their own piece.

It was only after I gave them their share that I realized that I do that
with everything.  If one gets a treat, they all get the treat.  If one
doesn't come when I call, I put the cookie in my pocket and give it to the
missing one later.

I hadn't realized that they knew my habit and depended upon my fairness and
lack of concern about missing ham slices...I'm pretty much a push over.

Now how can I transfer this behavior to cut down on the barking and howling
when I'm giving attention to one of them?  They do not like me cuddling one
of them while two have to wait.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Katie, Lilie, Daffodil and Daisy the Yorkie