[Dailydrool] More bad news from the BBC Gang

Nancy Merk bassetwoofr at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 13:28:48 PDT 2010

After putting Josie down on the 18th, I had the sad task of putting Rosie down the next day.
She basically collapsed on Wed afternoon.
I was able to get her to drink a bit but she refused to eat.
When I got up for work at 6, she had moved her self under the big table in the dog room
I tried to get her into my vet then but both were closed.
I couldn't miss work, so put her on her pillow and told her she could leave if she had to, or she could wait til I got home in the morning.
She waited and I took her in.

Rosie came to me almost two yrs ago. Her original owner was dying of cancer and her family did not want to be bothered with Rosie.
She came to me with her own diapers and raging ear infections.
I got the ears cleared up, put her on a decent food and some meds for her bladder and she turned out to be a remarkably healthy old girl. She would have been 14 in Jan.
She and Archie hated each other but she got along with everyone else. She was quite opinionated and let everyone know it. She was deaf but that did not stop her frrom having barking fests with Dore,who is also deaf.
They would stare at each other and bark bark bark. It cracked me up.

First Rusty in June and now the girls..it really is almost too much to bear.

nancy,mom to the much smaller BBC Gang