[Dailydrool] Meeting Bassets

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 21 20:31:32 PDT 2010

We were in St. Charles, Mo. today and met three gorgeous houndies.  There names were Goofy, Cleo, and Athena(I think--very short term memory).  I asked if the slaves were droolers but I'm not sure they knew what I meant.  Anyway, we were glad to meet them.  We left our houndettes home with the boyslave and the air conditioning.  I think they would have melted out there.  Maggie would love to meet new friends but the others wouldn't be so keen.

The girls are enjoying their couches in the air conditioning.  Would much rather be snoring than sniffing for squirrels.  Except for Maggie.  She has found her a "friend" in the back yard.  The other day she wouldn't come in when it was time to go to bed so the DH got a flashlight and found that she and a possum had discovered each other.  She was about 4 times bigger than the P and we think, wanted to be friends.  The P had other ideas.  He was under the bench and all of his pearly whites were showing.  With some coaxing and some dragging, Maggie came in and then wanted to go right back out.  We haven't seen him again but she goes out every night and does a search.  We think the P is staying in the garden.   It is fenced off from the rest of the yard so the bassets can't get in and massage the tomatoes.  They think that the best place in the whole yard to lay is ON the tomato plants.  They don't like vegetables either.

Ninja managed to escape out of the front door about a week ago.  She wanted to go converse with the neighbors' dog.  His name is Poo Poo.  Who in their right mind would call a dog Poo Poo?  These people are crazy so I guess that explains it.  At least Mr. Poo Poo had the sense to run as fast as he could.  The boyslave had to run after him in his pjs.  He was not amused and neither were the neighbors.  At least they didn't say anything.  Ninja was carried home and deposited in the front hallway.  She loves being air lifted.  Maybe that is why she ran.  The boy slave doesn't need weights.  He has bassets.  He still carries Shelby up and down the stairs every day.  It is good for both of them.  She sleeps every night with her head on the pillow right next to him.  When she needs her breakfast, she oinks and snooters the boy until he wakes up and carries her right to the door.  She is a very lovely old lady.

We are sending drool to all who need it.  The girls are drooling in their dreams.   Too much effort to crack open their eyelids.
Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the very hairy lovely kitty boys.