[Dailydrool] DH feeds dogs (NOT)

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Mon Aug 23 06:29:01 PDT 2010

I've been riding my bike real early because of the heat, and last Saturday since I was going to be back so late I asked the DH to please feed the dogs.  This is not a chore he enjoys.  I'm sure many of you can relate to the fact that it takes quite a long time to prepare food for five dogs, each one getting something special or different.  But I made it real simple.  Just give them all the same amount of dry food, split one can of wet food between them, and I'll deal with the rest at the evening meal.  He seemed to do pretty good and the dogs didn't have to wait until 10 a.m. to be fed.

    This Saturday I asked the same thing.  I remember a low grunt from the bed that I took as a yes.  When I came home I did notice that the dogs were looking at me funny.  Not a hungry funny, but a disgusting funny.  I walked in the kitchen.  Dog bowls were actually picked up this time.  Last Saturday they were strewn all over the house and I had to hunt them down.  I thought this is good.  Then I noticed a tiny can of cat food sitting by the bowls.  Okay.  He fed the cat.  An extra.  Good boy.

    Upon further investigation, I find that since a new case of canned dog food had to be opened, he skipped that part and split a tiny can of cat food that was handy between five big dogs and the cat.  Everybody was PO'd.

    I guess I'll have to use him again occasionally.  The dogs are against it.  Guess they'll just get extra treats on Saturdays.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Bode, J.D. (ATB), Stella (ATB), Begonia (ATB)