[Dailydrool] Almost too hard to keep reading

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Mon Aug 30 05:41:59 PDT 2010

I got back to the Drool this morning for the first time since Friday.  As
I’m reading through so many of the posts, I am appalled, saddened, with a
teary face trying to understand how beautiful dogs are so severely neglected
like the two poor boys in Montana, or others who are scared and alone in
shelters just waiting to die like the ones in MS and KY.  My mind knows the
“why”, but my heart still struggles to comprehend it – I will never
understand how some people can be so uncaring or mean.  All of the rescues
are amazing and do such great work, but it still always seems that there are
more in need than can be helped – always an uphill battle.

My wish is that all dogs could spend their lives being treated like the dogs
owned and loved by the people who write on the drool.  People who are always
trying to find the best food, best vet treatment, how to help their dog
through this or that, and are simply devastated when they have to lovingly
help their dogs to the bridge.  Thank you to all of the wonderful people who
do rescue and make so many success stories possible.

Alicia, Flo, Gabe and Liz