[Dailydrool] Gettin ready and other stuff---

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 17:25:05 PDT 2010

Well the Beach Gang is keepin a close eye on Hurricane Earl, which sure looks like it might put a surefire damper on our holiday weekend. We are in that special cone of "I ain't got a clue where its goin", and we are less than 100 miles from Nags Head North Carolina. The bald guy, my personal favorite, Jim Cantorie is headed for Nags Head tonight. We are as prepared as we can get, food in, generators tested and ready, I picked up extra dog meds, and tomorrow night we will get the yard locked down. Depending on the track, we would not board up the windows until Thursday. Not really any evacuation with the traffic here, it is all bridges and tunnels to leave, which they will shut down and you know I will go nowhere without the hounds. They have put the Navy on 24 hr alert to pull out all the ships,---this is a real BAD sign-- and will make the final decisions tomorrow. This thing should be in our area possibly Friday morning. Work went on alert Monday to get the catastrope team ready to pull in, even if it gives us a good brush, as powerful as this one is, it coild be bad. Say a prayer for all of us on the east coast, there are a bunch of us roaming around out there!!

As a sideline, I was sitting in traffic today-5 lanes each way, at a red light. Rush hour this morning, on my way to see a wrecked car in Norfolk Va. I heard this loud noise. I looked around thinking someone just got hit. The car right next to me was empty-stting there, no driver, I looked back and here was the driver of this pocket rocket subaru standing at the side of a mustang convertible--top down--screaming, at the guy and then he hauled off and busted the guy in the mustang right in the face. After he hit him he jumped back in his car and cut in front of me and roared off. No accident, just road rage at its finest. The guy in the mustang drove off like nothing happened!! Guess nerves are a bit tight around here, but it sure scared me. Folks that angry usually carry big guns!!!!

Well, thats the news from the Beach, Elder Clara has not had a particularly good day today with her legs, but her attitude is top notch-- I am off to shower, drool and prayers to all in need, know we are thinking of you all.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake