[Dailydrool] catching up

Susan Scott-Chambers lily5943 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 18:34:10 PST 2010

We have been severely lurking since August (new job is kicking butt).  But
we are still catching some of the Drool, and here are our comments to prove
it:

Dana, please do not breed your bassets!  The HSUS estimates that 70,000
puppies and kittens are born each day.  There are 4-5 million dogs and
cats euthanized in shelters every year.  That comes out to 513 animals EACH
HOUR.  Of course, you are going to take great care of your dogs and their
puppies.  But what about after that?

If you didn't look at the photos of Peanut and Peaches, you should!  Those
are two adorable buppies.

We hope the beagles find a home!  I picked up a bloodhound once on I-40
during a relay for a basset.  He jumped in the front seat with Jolie and
me.  Clyde was in the back, and he didn't like other dogs.  Drove the
bloodhound to Memphis, dropped off Clyde, got a call on the way back to
Little Rock that someone was missing their bloodhound.  They got my number
from a corner store where I stopped to see if anyone knew about the
bloodhound.  Met his mom and gave him back.  Basically, I think he just
wanted a ride to Memphis and back!  Sweet guy.

Sounds as if Max the buppy is doing well.  Good job, Diane!

Hopefully Kiwi turns up safe and sound in CA!  Glad to know Miss Maggie
perked up at the vet.  Hang in there, seniors!

We have officially adopted Noodle, who has been a foster at our home since
May.  She is a funny little girl that we have loved from the beginning.  She
and her sister were abandoned in a back yard, with neighbors tossing food
and water over the fence for a month.  Her sister Bella found a wonderful
forever home with Rhonda back in Memphis.  As Leanne says, it's not a case
of "foster failure" when a basset finds a forever home.  Now we are TOTALLY
full in this little condo:  three bassets, one cat, and two hedgehogs (yes,
I got one for my class and it had a baby!).  Sometimes I just look around
and KNOW that I married the right guy.  He is such a sweetheart!

sending love from Little Rock,
Susan, Gracie Girl, Beau, Noodle (me so happy!), Doze, Miss Snugglepuff and
baby Strawberry