[Dailydrool] The Mouse Saga

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 08:25:26 PST 2010

Yes, Nigel is correct, we have mice, or a mouse. Hopefully.
I have just gotten through setting the traps. Please excuse typos as the
bandages on my fingers are large and cumbersome. I made the mistake of
getting annoyed with John who was supervising this procedure and slammed a
drawer shut and set off the trap beneath it. DAMNIT!!!!
(Sorry: apologies to those with delicate sensibilities but one can have
one's fingertips removed just so many times..) So slathered in the cheapest
peanut budder I could find I attempted to reset the trap WHAP again
WHAPWHAP.... finally got it.
Ok the way this works is this:
There are spaces between the cabinets. My guess is the meeses are using them
as passageways, so I baited a trap and stuck it one of the spaces and then
put Duct tape over it *BECAUSE* Nigel the nose was trying to get at the
trap.
Now I know he would do this only one time. One experience with a mouse trap
would be more than enough,  but I do not want to pay for a Vet to examine
his lacerated tongue, nose, or broken toe. Not content, I also duct taped
the drawers with the traps in them shut. (Conley Prevention.)
Nigel, however, has not moved from the kitchen cabinet.
Now and then I hear a little moan.
He has not gone outside.
He has not gone to sleep.
He has not done anything but sit and stare and moan and whine. HE WANTS THE
PEENIE BUDDER. He doesn't give a hoot for the mouse. They didn't know there
WAS a mouse until I told them HEY GUYS! WHY DON'T YOU GET THE MICE??
(Because, MomPerson, you crate us at night when they are running around.
Ok?)
What I would like to do is empty all the cupboards and board the dogs and go
to Florida for a couple of months, cold weather or no, and leave one of
those big-headed, notch-eared, rumpled looking alley tomcats in the house.
DadPerson can come with me or stay with the cat....

MomPerson, with  mangled fingertips.

PS. No I will not use glue traps. No I do not release mice "back into the
wild." Yes: I kill them.