[Dailydrool] Thelma's Gotcha Day

Pam Watkins pam10447 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 04:47:24 PST 2010

Today I have had this wonderful senior girl for two years.  She has been an
absolute delight.  Two and a half years ago I knew I wanted to get a
companion for Henry - he was not meant to be an only one.  After having been
through puppy, I knew I couldn't do that again - Henry (an OEBE) was
enough!  In the summer of 2008, I had the joy of meeting the Winchester's.
I feel in love with the beautiful Miss Elder Clara.  It was Clara that
pointed me in the right direction.  Not having a fenced yard, I couldn't
adopt through a Basset rescue so, I was on the lookout.  I had talked to the
people at 2nd Hope rescue (where I live) and they took my # and said that if
they happened to come across a basset they would let me know.  Lo and
behold, three weeks later the call came.  I went and there she was, filthy,
living in a pen and looking a bit worn out.  She was 7 1/2 years old, had
been a breeder for this BYB (read medium sized puppy mill) and he was giving
her away.   I put her in the car, rolled all the windows down (mid December)
and home we went.  Once at home and after a warm bath, she established
herself as the alpha in the house and it has been that way ever since.  She
does not leave my side....Henry adores her and everyone that meets her falls
in love.  She is a treasure.  She has been through a lot these past few
months but, never complains.  She still wags her tail at the vet, and never
gives them a problem.  I can never thank Clara and Debbie enough for sending
me down the path of a senior.  Everyone should have their own senior.  Such
love.  So, here's to our girl, Thelma, may she delight us for many years to
come.  We love you, Girly Girl.  Pam and Henry