[Dailydrool] Nail Clipping

Beverly Gorman bevagorman at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 10:20:08 PST 2010

We take ours to the vet's office. I tried initially to do Blossom's and even managed a time or two, then suddenly it became a battle. Her running, pulling away and screaming like she is being murdered, me getting frustrated. Even tried the thing that sands them away, no luck. Now we take her to the vet's once a month. She happily goes in the back with them, and normally while I pay the bill she is back out acting cute for her audience and of course the obligatory treats. She never gives them a bit of trouble.

We took Duke right after we got him because his nails were so long, he was having trouble walking, The folks we got him from said he would not let you cut them, and we did not want to even try, since we were trying to settle him into a new home. Again, he went willingly, and was back out in the blink of an eye awaiting a treat from the girl at the front desk.

To us it is well worth the $10 the vet charges. Much better than everyone being traumatized.

Beverly
Momperson to the Glen Rock Growlers, Blossom, Duke and Koji (basset wannabee)