[Dailydrool] Nail Clipping

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 23 13:25:14 PST 2010

Beverly Gorman wrote:

> To us it is well worth the $10 the vet charges. Much better than
> everyone being traumatized.
>
> Beverly
> Momperson to the Glen Rock Growlers, Blossom, Duke and Koji (basset
> wannabee)

Ten dollars for a nail trim???
Only ten dollars??!!!???
Sigh.
One dog doesn't struggle much, but the nails are all black and so thick
that it's almost impossible to do them at home.
The other dog's nails are clear and thinner, but struggles enough for
three dogs!
Our vet charges $25.  But we've been going to them for 26 years and they
are terrific folks and excellent vets.
I just got out of there today for a mere $277 for just one dog. (Exam,
eye pressure check, blood work, urinalysis, nail trim, lab fee and
meds.  Go back next week for a recheck and monthly percorten shot --
which should be another $120 or so.)

Kathie G (the broke)