[Dailydrool] The book that started it all

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 22:48:39 PST 2010

Well at least for me, it was the book that started it all. I looking for something to read tonight and came across The Basset Hound Owner's Survivial Guide by Diane Morgan.

I had forgotten all about it. It was the book a purchased before I even started to look for a basset. If you were to ask me what made me purchase this particular book out of so many that are out there, I wouldn't know what to answer. I remember there was a lot of books about basset hounds and was considering several but somehow decided on The Basset Hound Owner Survival Guide. This book was so funny and related so many stories of basset antics and their love and their flaws. I was drawn in like a bee to honey. It was through this book that I heard of the Daily Drool too. I didn't immediately sign up as I didn't have a basset at the time but low-and-behold about 3 weeks after I finished the book Speedy fell into to my lap.

I don't think I can go bassetless now even though my only experience with bassets is Speedy but all the stories shared here has me convinced that I'll have one from here on out. Although don't post as often as I would like I do read and feel all the joy and sorrow with all of you.

Drool to all in need

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)