[Dailydrool] Nail Trimmings

Diane Surman diane512 at ptd.net
Fri Dec 24 04:42:44 PST 2010

My older Basset Chloe who is 11 1/2, doesn't mind having her nails trimmed
at all. She sits perfectly still and is fine. Actually, she is a dream.  The
other Basset Daisy who is going to be 9 in Feb., is at the other end. She is
a nightmare.  I take her to the vet to have it done.  He charges $18.50 and
it takes a muzzle, 1 person clipping and 2-3 people to hold her down
depending upon what kind of mood she is in that day.  She hates to have
anyone touch her feet.

I use to be bothered by all of this until my UPS man who has a Westie told
me his dog needs to be sedated to trim his nails. Now I don't feel so bad.
At least she can have it done without being knocked out.

Diane