[Dailydrool] Holidays and Thank Yous

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 15:16:59 PST 2010

Although a bit late in the sending, we wish all of you warm safe and
blessed good Christmas and New Year holidays.

Otis and Nelly join me in forwarding heartfelt thank yous to all the
wonderful droolers who included our friend Lt. Roger Foley on their
list of people receiving cards this year.

Roger called here on Christmas (it was 11pm there in Kandahar), and
said he has received SO many cards from everywhere! Everyone who sees
them there enjoys them very much. You can imagine how much cheer those
floppy ear photos bring to army-desert-camo concrete bunkers.

It is heartwarming to me to think that you all have not only the power
of mutual support that the DD offers all of us, but you have helped to
make Afghanistan a better place to be, to make Leslie in Montana
warmer this winter (yahoo!), and to help Utah BHR be better able to
help the bassets in need.

Ellie, we join the others in saying thank you for a great calendar. My
basset-starved daughter is thrilled to receive it. SO much work; as an
elf, I have seen how unbelievably burdensome Ellie's calendar effort
can be, and she does it for the hounds. She is amazing.
Thank you all. Happy new year.
Linda, with Otis and Nelly