[Dailydrool] nails

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 10:44:17 PST 2010

We have both the dreaded orange handle clippers and a dremmel.  Jolie will take the dremmel easily, but gets tired after a couple of paws so we just take several days to get her finished.  Ellsworth...doesn't like either at this point.  We thought the $15 for the vet was fine knowing they needed done and they were able to manage him after he threw his fit.  Silly boy!  We'll keep trying with him though...one nail at a time.

Our previous bassets didn't mind at all as they loved the attention.  Gussie got a bit cantankerous towards the end of his days though.

Anyway...thanks for all the ideas and encouragement!

HAPPY HOWLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Janet and the houndies, Jolie & Ellsworth