[Dailydrool] rehoming breeding dogs

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:22:31 PST 2010

My grand dog..Beebs, a beautiful, sweet basset was apparently used by a
farmer who fancied himself a breeder.  She was used mercilessly, probably
had way more litters than is right for a girl of her age, and then was
dumped at a shelter.  The shelter was familier with the so-called breeder
and knew a little of Beeb's background.  when my daughter got her , Beebs
was terrified of anything black, overhead, or moving fast.  (She is still
terrified of ceiling fans and balloons) She pee'd on every inch of
carpeting. After three years, Jen has succeeded in getting the peeing down
to a minimum (occasional long day or loud noise) . Beebs usually goes to the
door and will 'beep' when she wants out. She is an only dog and loves
attention and affection when Jen is home.  On work days Jen sometimes drops
her off at my other daughter's house and Beebs resides there with Murph and
Penelope, basset-coonhound mixes. When Jen goes out-of-town Beebs comes to
stay with Lily and Rudy. So she gets the opportunity to be with other dogs
and she is very bonded with Murph. Beebs has come a  long way and we've
learned a lot and we'd do it all again but we also know that her situation
will never be quite perfect and we've accepted that...  she is darling
little girl.
Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.
Pwincess LilyGurl, Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage