[Dailydrool] on whether or not to own a basset

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Tue Feb 2 08:06:59 PST 2010

I am fully aware that my answer is biased, being that I am fully owned
by two bassets and another foster, but that being said, I have owned
other breeds in my life: an American Eskimo, a Beagle and a chiwawa to
name a few, and I can honestly say that Bassets are the easiest breed to
live with.  They are the best "go with the flow" dogs you will ever
find.  If you feel like spending the entire day lounged out on the sofa
watching movies, and only get up to eat or go to the restroom...they
will gladly curl up right next to you and join in the lazy fun.  And if
you're ready to go for a mile long run, they will jump right in with
full energy too!  They are very aware of your energy and what mood you
are in and are very good at matching that energy, where some other
breeds are not as able to sense what their owners are feeling and will
drive you nuts while you're trying to relax.  I can tell you this,
though...you will not find a funnier, more entertaining breed anywhere.
These dogs are an absolute delight to own.  Like I said, I'm certainly
biased, but there's a very good reason for that!!

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva and Sophie and foster Molly