[Dailydrool] Pierre jr's big adventure

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:19:11 PST 2010

Today, Pierre jr. went to Assisted Living to visit Mom, and I could not be more proud of him.  As this was his first visit, I kept it short, but when I first brought him in, Maggie and Ty, the goldens greeted him.  He went outside to the gated yard and played with them a bit, and he was a perfect guest;  he was friendly, playful and respectful of their environment.  He was checking out some scents in the under bush area, and it was a little chilly, so I called to him with my arms wide open, and he came galloping to me.  Next, we took an elevator ride to the third floor.  Talk about missing a photo op, his face was priceless when the elevator started going up, but he didn't panic.  Then off to see Mom.  She is still pretty zonked from her Nursing home (aka rehab) ordeal, but she did respond to him a little.  Pierre is a sitter upper, so with my help, he sat up with front paws on Mom's wheelchair arm.  She seemed to appreciate him, but she was very low key about it.  He then rolled over for belly rubs which made a whole bunch of residents and staff laugh. We met Pepper, the shepherd/collie mix on the way out.  I am so glad this is a super dog friendly facility.  He is home now, and boy is he tired!!!!  I think he will be my hound of choice for future visits.  He will be one year old on Feb 19th, but he sure seems to have had an early delivery of his brains.  He is one smart, sweet and good pup, and don't get me wrong, pup he is and he has a lot of energy and curiosity, and I think his new job will be great for him.  Thank you again OBR and Kathy for Pierre jr.
Peace, love and drool
Jackie and the hounds, of whom a few others will get a chance to visit Mom soon.