[Dailydrool] Walking, Scavening and Food - advice needed please

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 14:32:17 PST 2010

Droolers I wonder if you can help me with some advice. Morse has been gradually getting used to some new food, (dry) Burns, over the last couple of weeks, but I have stopped it twice now as I feel he has been getting lethargic. Prior to that he had been interested in walks and trotting along happily, but whether or not its coincidence or not, I have noted that hasnt been the case recently, and that is why I have changed his food back again. The weather has got slightly warmer, no longer at freezing, but I cant imagine that is why he is going slower. His weight has not increased, if anything he has lost a couple of pounds (intentional). I know bassets love scavenging, but at the moment that is the only thing that he is getting interested in. I know all bassets are different, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. He seems fine otherwise, is eating well, is happy at home, but just seems almost bored and uninterested when we're out, unless
 something involves food. He likes seeing other dogs but sometimes cant even be bothered with that. I try and take him to the fields and woods but  he doesnt want that - he just wants to go to the green, the cemetery, the local store car park and scavenge!  Tonight I took him out and encouraged him to trot along, as otherwise the pace was really slow. But I had to really give him a tug to get him to do it, which I dont like doing. I suppose all bassets paces are different but I am just a little bit worried, though perhaps shouldnt be? Advise me please droolers - am I being overly anxious?

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB