[Dailydrool] I wish everyone researched bassets

karen shaw kazzshaw at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:46:17 PST 2010

We bought our beautiful basset baby from a top breeder in the UK but prior to buying him we thoroughly researched the breed.  We contacted the local welfare people who were a mine of information, i would recommend this to anyone as when stanley arrived to bless our lives we were not in for any suprises only positive ones.  He fits in perfectly and we could not envision any other breed that would enhance our lives the way our basset does on a daily basis. We are also still in contact with the welfare people and take Stanley on play dates with their bassets which he thoroughly enjoys, he usually sleeps for 4 hours solid after the visit.  We love the breed so much that we are now looking at adopting a welfare basset.  Keep up the good work, hope the snow doesn't get too bad over there, Karen, Robert, Jamie and the shining star in our lives "Stanley"