[Dailydrool] Cooper and peeing in the house

psmithrn at digis.net psmithrn at digis.net
Sun Feb 7 15:59:56 PST 2010

I need some advice.

Cooper is peeing in the house, sometimes within 10-15 minutes of having been outside. He never makes a sound to let me know he has to go back out. A few times he has done this right in front of me. He will be walking along or playing and just stop and pee!

He is also peeing in his crate when I am gone to work.  I work nights and have both Cooper and Toby in crates when I'm gone.  I have someone who comes over and walks them so they are not in their crates any more than 8 hours after their walk (and only 2-3 hours before).  The last few nights Coopers' blankets are wet when the dog nanny gets here and I have let him out literally right before I walk out the door.

Sometimes he does seem to want to drink excessively, but there is no correlation to these times and when he is peeing in the house/crate. I have palpated his abdomen and he does not seem to be tender in any particular spot.

I'm just getting frustrated because these instances seem to be happening more frequently and I can't figure out why.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Paula

momslave to Toby, Cooper and the kitty boys George and Z

PS:  Cooper will be applying for OEBE status in the near future, just as soon as I can catalog all his evil deeds :)