[Dailydrool] Avoderm dog food

Robin Wherley robindw at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 21:47:27 PST 2010

Susan - I have never heard of Avoderm. Is it a prescription diet? Is it pricey?

Frankie switched from Purina One to Royal Canin vegetarian formula dry food because of allergies and skin issues. He seems to like it (but there's nothing he won't eat!) and it does seem to be helping clear his skin, soothe the itchiness, and reduce shedding. He is also the unfortunate recipient of many baths - I've noticed a lot less shedding during the baths! The drain doesn't clog every time anymore. We don't have any anal gland problems, thank dog (knock on wood!!!!)  Only issue is that it is prescription only and very expensive.

p.s. Dis bee Fwankie. When Mommee sed "knock on wood," she pounded on mee hed. Wut duz she think she bee doing?!?! Meez head vewy sensitive and meez not appresheeate da implikashun dat meez head be wood. Dat sed, meez fond of da new food. Howeva, meez NOT like da fact dat mee getz no tweets until meez allajeez gone.

p.p.s. This is Robin again - Franklin just can't let me write ANYTHING without his input. Sigh. Besides, what's a bulbous dome-head like Franklin's supposed to be for, if not good luck!! :)

Robin

and Marquis (the lab), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080960

and Roley (the mutt), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080964

and Franklin (the basset), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080965