[Dailydrool] anal gland expression issue

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 16:19:37 PST 2010

OK, we need some help.  I have to express the boys anal glands because
they can't/won't do them on their own.  Not Mollie.  She expresses
herself just about every evening, on the living room carpet.  She can
reach her rear end and just takes care of it herself.  I checked to see
if she had a problem, too full, impacted ,etc., but nothing seemed
wrong.  I even had the vet check them and they were fine and completely
empty.  Here is the question...
How do we get her to stop this!!!!  She won't do it outside.  We put her
outside when she starts but she won't take care of herself.  Is there
anything that can be added to her food that would help with this issue?
Anything else anyone can think of that might help us?  Please, this is
getting very annoying.  Any ideas????
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Mollie the Bloodhound who can't really help that she
can reach her rear end.