[Dailydrool] Snow and other fun

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:23:17 PST 2010

We just have a couple inches of snow here but it was enough for school to be out today for the high schooler but not the college kid.  He was not amused.  The girls have never seen mounds of snow.  Just a few inches to play in.  They don't really like it but aren't afraid either. We had the mud pile after the last snow, then the freeze and more snow so next will be the mud again.  With 16 paws, all the grass is about worn off so the mud is even more fun.  At school the other day I was talking about the mud and how I had to clean so many paws.  She couldn't understand why I cared about a little mud.  No such thing as a little mud here.  Maggie could find a quarter sized place in any yard and manage to get it all over her, me and the carpet.  She is feeling schlumpy today.  Has been throwing up this afternoon.  I don't think it is anything much.  She managed to get the front half out the door before letting go so she threw upon the ramp.  Then we all had to stomp through it.   We will see how she does after dinner.  They think they are starving right about now.  The teenslave is late with the dinner bowls.

We are so sorry to hear about Sasha.  Glad that she had a little good time over the weekend.  It just doesn't seem fair at all.  Our Sassy died of a fungal infection that got in her chest.  It was awful.  She couldn't get comfortable in any position and had a lotof trouble breathing.  She was 13 and the two vets who saw her said the treatment would kill her so we had to let her go.  She was such a sweet old thing.  The vets said she probably picked it up outside and there was no way to prevent it.  The xrays of her chest looked like there was a huge sponge in there and it was everywhere.  Fly free sweet Sasha.  May you find peace and joy in your next adventure.

We are sending drool to all the other sick houndies and houndettes.  And to Dice.  The bassets here are sending bad taste drool to put on anything that isn't in your food bowl.

Snooters and lubs to all.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby with the wild kitty boys