[Dailydrool] Drooler attacked by rottweiler

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 10:31:34 PST 2010

Over this past weekend, Kim Slagel, a fellow Hawaiian drooler who is slave to Odell, the brother of my two hounds, was attacked and injured by a loose rottweiler. Kim was walking her basset along with a friend who was walking three shih tzu mixes, and the rottie seized one of the shih tzus and wouldn't let go, attempting to kill the little dog. Kim and her friend couldn't get the rottie off the little dog, and a brave bystander also jumped in a wrestled the rottie into a choke hold. In the attack, part of Kim's index finger was bitten off. The little dog survived, as did Kim, with medical intervention, but both are wounded and pretty traumatized. The rottweiler and owner have been told to move out of the apartment complex by the landlord. Kim is struggling with a lot of post-traumatic symptoms, and I'm writing because I know how much Drooler support has helped me through tough times. If anyone would like to send good will wishes to Kim, her e-mail is
 kislagel at gmail.com  Kim is a terrific person and a basset mom par excellence. Val