[Dailydrool] Rolph's Gotch Day

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Feb 17 03:44:24 PST 2010

I cannot believe it was three years ago today that we found our much-loved Rolph in a disgusting, dirty, so-called rescue.

Life with him has been a daily pleasure, as well as an education and I have often thought of him his second winter in that filthy, unheated place. I just kept telling myself, "well, at least they kept him alive" and I would send them the odd donation, believing them to be a non-kill organisation.

Earlier this year, I found to my horror, that this kennell does kill dogs, healthy dogs, plenty of them. I learned, by chance, of a few dogs there on "death row" and along with Morse's mum, Becky, tried desperately to find homes for them. Then  a colleague at work who is friendly with the local dog warden, learned as many as 30 at a time are euthanised.

And now, of course, I understand why that little dog jumped up and put his paws on to my shoulders, begging me to take him home. The alternative chills me to the bone.

I am grateful for Rolph being in my life, he has changed me, hopefully for the better.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK